Prayers of Agreement in the Bible
Prayers of Agreement in the Bible: Strengthening Your Faith
The Bible is filled with stories of faithful men and women praying to God for guidance, protection, and provision. One particular type of prayer that is mentioned in the Bible is the prayer of agreement. Also known as united prayer or corporate prayer, this type of prayer involves two or more people praying together in agreement for a specific request.
In Matthew 18:19-20, Jesus teaches his disciples the power of united prayer: “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Here are some examples of prayers of agreement in the Bible:
1. Moses and Aaron – In Exodus 17:8-13, Moses and Aaron prayed together for God’s help in defeating the Amalekites. As they prayed, Joshua led the Israelite army into battle. It wasn’t until Moses’ arms were held up in prayer by Aaron and Hur that the Israelites were victorious.
2. Peter and John – In Acts 3:1-10, Peter and John were on their way to the temple when they encountered a man who was lame from birth. Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to the man, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.” The man was healed, and the people were amazed.
3. Paul and Silas – In Acts 16:25-26, Paul and Silas were imprisoned for preaching the Gospel. In the middle of the night, they prayed and sang hymns to God. Suddenly, there was a great earthquake, and the prison doors were opened.
These examples show that there is power in united prayer. When we pray with others in agreement, we are strengthened in our faith and our requests are more likely to be answered.
Here are some tips for praying in agreement:
1. Find like-minded believers – Pray with people who share your faith and beliefs.
2. Be specific – Pray for a specific request, and agree on the outcome.
3. Use Scripture – Use the promises in the Bible to strengthen your faith and remind you of God’s power.
4. Pray in unity – Pray together with one voice, and agree on the request.
In conclusion, prayer of agreement is a powerful tool that can strengthen our faith and bring about answered prayers. As we pray together with like-minded believers, we can see the power of God at work in our lives and in the lives of those around us. So, let us come together in agreement and pray for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.