Brow LiftView Gallery
A forehead lift or brow lift is done to raise drooping eyebrows and to smooth out wrinkles and creases on the forehead and between the eyes. As we age, wrinkles in the forehead and frown lines between the eyes become fixed. These wrinkles and creases can cause a person to look tired, sad, or angry all the time.
The brow lift procedure to correct the effects of age involves making an incision in a natural location on the scalp or face to avoid detection. Often, a brow lift can be performed at the same time as an upper eyelid lift, using only the incision made for the upper eyelid surgery.
Once the incision is made, the deep creases and wrinkles are corrected and the brows can be lifted to a more natural, relaxed position, creating a more alert and youthful look. Typical recovery time is about 10 days, although some minor swelling may persist for 2-3 weeks.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is performed to tighten the muscles over the forehead and the overlying skin. This procedure may be recommended for patients who are unhappy with their brow appearance and have the following cosmetic concerns:
- Have forehead lines and wrinkles on the bridge of the nose: Lines on the forehead make a person appear older. Once deep lines have formed, they cannot be treated with topical applications alone. BOTOX and/or facial fillers can improve the appearance of forehead wrinkles and lines across the bridge of the nose, but this is a temporary solution. A woman or man seeking a long-term solution may be a good candidate for brow lift surgery.
- Appear tired, sad, or worried when they are not: When the forehead muscles begin to sag with aging, it can cause the eyebrows to fall and make the face appear sad and weary. Tightening the brow lifts the eyebrows to give the face a more alert, refreshed, and youthful appearance.
Brow Lift Procedure
Brow lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Surgical techniques for this procedure include:
- Endoscopic: Small incisions are made within the hairline. An endoscope (thin, flexible tube with a light and camera attached) and surgical instruments are placed through the incisions to adjust the muscles under the skin and correct the source of forehead furrows and creases.
- Coronal: The coronal incision is made in the hair-bearing skin, from ear to ear, across the top of the head. The forehead skin is lifted, and surgical adjustments are made to the muscles under direct visualization. With this technique, the incision line will be well concealed within the hair.
- Endotine: The endotine brow lift makes use of small triangular implants that secure the underlying soft tissue, rather than using traditional interior suturing. This minimizes trauma to the surrounding tissue, and allows for a shortened surgical procedure, less downtime, and no additional scarring.
Our skilled plastic surgeons at Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery in Charlotte, North Carolina can recommend the best surgical technique for your brow lift procedure.
Benefits of a Brow Lift
A sagging forehead and drooping eyebrows can add years to a person’s appearance. Lines and furrows on the forehead can give the face a sad, tired, worried, or angry look, and other people may react to the way you look rather than the way you actually feel.
The main benefit of a brow lift is that it can make you appear younger and more refreshed, so you can look as happy and relaxed as you actually are. When you are happier with your appearance, it can also boost your confidence and self-esteem.
Our facial plastic surgeons at Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery are dedicated to surgical excellence and committed to providing the highest quality care. We have many satisfied patients who refer their family and friends to us. We strive to ensure that our patients are comfortable, relaxed, and confident in the procedures we perform. If you believe you may benefit from a brow lift procedure, schedule a consultation with one of the skilled plastic surgeon in our practice – we are here to help you achieve the younger, fresher, more youthful appearance you envision.