How Long Will Results After a Breast Lift Last, and When Will I Need a Breast Revision?
What is mastopexy?
Breast lift surgery is among the most popular procedures for women of all ages. During treatment, sagging breasts are elevated, and the nipples are repositioned in a more pleasing location. A breast lift can create a more youthful, attractive figure, augmenting your femininity and improving your confidence. Mastopexy is a wonderful add-on for moms undergoing breast augmentation after pregnancy or for those pursuing breast reduction surgery to contour and also reshape the chest. Overall, a breast lift can result in enhanced satisfaction with how you look and a whole new set of options for your wardrobe.
How long do results last?
The longevity of your breast lift results will depend on several factors, such as your age, overall health, and exposure to the sun. While it is impossible to predict the precise amount of time that each woman’s breast lift results will last, there are several things you can do to maximize the life expectancy of your surgery.
- Preserve your skin – While genetics play a significant role in determining the quality of your skin, there are some things you can do to maximize your skin’s elasticity. You must avoid prolonged exposure to harmful UV rays from the sun. Sun damage can negatively impact your skin’s texture, creating wrinkles, sagging, and creases. In addition to avoiding the sun, you can supplement your skin with vitamin E and vitamin C, which promote vitality and resilience.
- Steer clear of weight fluctuations – Gaining and losing weight at a rapid rate can create some real problems for your breast tissue. Your recently lifted breasts may lose their attractive shape, negating the surgeon’s work. Only pursue a breast lift after you have reached your ideal weight, and you are sure you can continue to maintain by following a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
- Make sure you are finished having children – If you are interested in a breast lift, it is suggested that you seek out the surgery only after you’re finished with pregnancy and breastfeeding, as these states can give rise to unpredictable changes in the breast size and shape.
- Wear a bra – The proper support garments will help to prolong the life of your breast lift. Without a bra, your breasts may begin sagging sooner than they would otherwise, especially if you are engaged in strenuous physical activities or aerobics. Protect your breasts by investing in the right kind of bras that fit your body shape and support your cleavage.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions – After surgery, you must follow your plastic surgeon’s guidelines to the letter. You will receive aftercare instructions going over wound care, sleeping, bathing, exercising, and returning to work. It is critical that you stick to the plan established by you and your doctor and that you take the time you need to rest and recuperate after surgery.
When will I need a breast revision?
While breast lift results can last a long time with the proper care, at some point, you may need a breast revision procedure, especially if you underwent breast augmentation at the same time as your mastopexy. Breast revision is often performed when implants have migrated or have ruptured, when a complication such as capsular contraction has occurred, or when the client is no longer happy with the appearance of their implants. If you only underwent breast lift surgery on its own, your results may last about 10-15 years. At this point, you can undergo additional surgery to mitigate the continued effects of aging.
What is the takeaway?
While your breast lift results and their longevity will depend a great deal on the skill, expertise, and talent of your plastic surgeon, you play a role as well in preserving your outcome. By following your doctor’s orders, avoiding undue sun exposure, and wearing the proper support garments, you can enjoy your mastopexy results for years to come. Call Criswell & Criswell Plastic Surgery today to learn more about the many benefits of a personalized and strategic breast lift.