Gummy Bear ImplantsView Gallery
Gummy bear implants are among the most popular options for breast augmentation because their tear-shaped, gel-based makeup tends to hold shape better than either saline or silicone implants. While they’re popularly called “gummy bear implants,” they’re actually made of a highly cohesive silicone gel filling within a silicone shell. Gummy bear implants are extremely safe, with a negligible risk of a rupture or gel leakage. But despite their strength, gummy bear implants still feel incredibly soft to the touch.
What are gummy bear implants?
Gummy bear implants are teardrop-shaped and gel-based breast implants known for retaining their shape better than saline or silicone implants. As teardrop-shaped implants, they accurately mimic the shape of actual breasts — broad at the bottom and tapering at the top. Gummy bear implants have a silicone shell containing silicone gel filling, a unique composition that ensures they’re soft to the touch, like actual breasts, while still being structurally sound and strong. Gummy bear implants retain their shape and structure even when there’s a rupture (which is unlikely) because the filler gel is a lot thicker than saline or silicone implants.
Gummy bear implants — pros and cons
- Feels like natural breasts
- Extremely strong, with a negligible risk of a rupture
- Retains shape better than other breast implants
- Retains shape even when there’s a rupture
- Shaped like actual breasts, broad at the bottom and tapered at the top
- Higher risk of visible scars because the surgeon has to make larger incisions
- They’ll become extremely noticeable if they rotate out of shape because all sides aren’t the same
- Minimal risk of capsular contracture, a complication in which the surrounding tissues thicken and cause asymmetry
- If there’s a rupture, the implants will retain their shape, making it harder to identify the rupture. As such, you need regular breast exams to ensure there’s no hidden rupture
Are Gummy Bear Implants Safe?
Gummy bear implants are considered a safe option for breast implants, perhaps even safer than saline or silicone implants. Gummy bear implants have a strong shell that minimizes the risk of a rupture. However, if there is a rupture, unlikely as it may be, gummy bear implants are better capable of retaining their original shape, so the rupture will be undetectable. According to the FDA, patients with breast implants should go for MRIs three years after getting the implants, and every two years after that.
How much do gummy bear implants cost?
The precise cost of your gummy bear implants and breast enhancement can only be determined after a personal consultation. The cost of the implants depends on several factors, including the size, anesthesia fees, the technique used, etc. During your initial consultation, Dr. Criswell will carefully discuss your cosmetic goals and expectations to curate the ideal treatment plan and then provide an accurate quote.
Why choose Criswell & Criswell for gummy bear implants?
Criswell & Criswell is a state-of-the-art plastic surgery clinic with two of the most reputable plastic surgeons in Charlotte, NC; Bryan and Kara Criswell. They carefully examine your body and discuss your cosmetic and beauty goals to personalize the breast enhancement procedure for your specific needs.